Travel

We love to travel. Up until now our travel has been limited to work or pleasure. We are now adding LAMb activities to our travels! This blog will hopefully allow you to follow our adventures. Our thoughts, our views, dreams, and adventures. Follow along if you wish. If no one follows that's fine as well. It's just a place for us to remember . . .

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mountain Day!!!

What an amazing day we had today!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went into the mountains with five of the men from the Disabled Home for Men.  This was most likely one of their first times out on any outing like this.  The men on this trip with us are interesting in going 'swimming' next week . . . we can't wait to share this opportunity with them.  But, for today, it was a trip up into the mountains!

We started out at 10 a.m. outside of our apartment with something like 24 people in three vans.  The first stop for our van was at the roadside shashleek to pick up our shish kabob's and then we were off after the other vans. . . well if anyone knows Randy and I picture ops stopped us along the way at some graveyards but we caught up with the others at the Burana Tower.  This is the ruins of an ancient city that was built in ancient times. The tower that is standing is an original building inside but the base has been rebuilt several times.  Randy and I climbed to the top - WHAT AN AMAZING VIEW!!!!  What an interesting climb up and down . . . not a good place to be claustrophobic.  I am sooooo glad we went up though!  At some point I looked over at my husband and realized how blessed I am to be in Central Asia with my husband seeing the work that mom & Lynn are doing.  This is such a God appointed time and I am blessed.

When we caught up with the gang ALL of the men introduced themselves in English and we so glad to meet Ruby's daughter.  They have had only two English classes and were so proud of themselves.  I was honored!

We then headed to the mountains on an interesting road . . . Michigan roads may not be so bad anymore . . . BUT THE VIEW - OH THE VIEW!!!  How amazing as we headed into the mountains!  We passed shepherds tending to their goats, sheep, cows, and horses.  We passed mountain streams.  So peaceful as we headed higher and higher into where there was still a little snow.  When we got there part of the team began to prepare our picnic while Randy, Pastor Ken and myself headed with some of the disabled men up to the waterfall.  They were so much fun and so excited to share it with us.  We had our pictures taken with them enjoyed the scenery and just had good plain fun even though we couldn't speak the same language.  Keep in mind, these men have lived in institutions most if not all of their lives just because they were 'different' from others.  All we saw that was different was that we didn't speak the same language.  <deep breath>

Lunch was an amazing assortment of shashleek, bread, fruit, chocolate!  Outdoors, in the mountains with men who for a day were treated 'normal'.  They blessed me soooooo much!!!

Here are my favorite pictures . . . one of the men wanted to take our picture with my camera!  I loved it and he did such a great job!!!!  I will forever look beyond their disabilities - whatever they may be and just see the person.  I can't wait for Saturday night when we minister to them and many others in their 'home'.



After we ate Pastor played his guitar and shared a few words for the men and then we headed home for the evening.

This was an amazing day - that's all I can say . . . Amazing.  I have been blessed and forever changed.  It's not about me . . . it's about the Kingdom and realizing that in the end we are ALL the same.  I am thankful for being here . . .

Enjoy the pictures from today - I know there's a lot!!

Blessings!

Kim
































3 comments:

  1. These are awesome pictures...I just love the story and how much this meant to everyone to take this field trip! Stunning scenery. Fellowship to boot. Doesn't get much better, does it?

    So glad I found your blog on your mom's (?) Facebook page.

    Pam Fruechting
    Wichita, KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, Thank you for following! You are correct, Ruby is my mom. I have been so blessed on this trip to have the opportunity to minister along side her and to see the work that they have been doing here in Kyrgyzstan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!
    See you guys Sunday!

    ReplyDelete