Travel

We love to travel. Up until now our travel has been limited to work or pleasure. We are now adding LAMb activities to our travels! This blog will hopefully allow you to follow our adventures. Our thoughts, our views, dreams, and adventures. Follow along if you wish. If no one follows that's fine as well. It's just a place for us to remember . . .

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time is getting near!

I figured out today that we only have 44 days until we leave for Kyrgyzstan!  It was just yesterday when we were saying that 'next year we are going on our first missions trip!".   So hard to believe that it is so near.

As I think about getting ready to go I ponder on what we are going to see, do, and experience.  I hear the landscape is beautiful, the people are precious, the food is good, the needs are great.  I also wonder what being there on the first year anniversary of last years revolution will bring.  Will it be quiet?  Will some uprising occur?  Only time will tell.  I'm not nervous.  Just excited to see what God has in-store for us!

One thing I have been looking forward to is visiting with the seniors.  There is one man particular that I was so excited to meet.  He played the spoons and loved to play for others.  I was so sadden to learn today that he went home to be with Jesus.  Not only did the team and seniors lose him but this winter they have lost four of their friends.  Please keep the seniors and the LAMb team in prayer.  It has to be hard to minister to people time after time after time only to return and find the precious people that they come to love no longer are with us.

I have realized by listening to mom and Lynn and the other team members that they give so much of themselves while in Kyrgyzstan.  Meeting the needs of the hurting and seeing joy come into their lives.  Each time someone goes passes away a piece of them goes with them.  The DO have an emotional connection with those that they are serving.  How wonderful is this . . . I pray that I can leave something of myself behind . . . and pray that I can return.

So, in 44 days I leave for an adventure that I have no idea what to expect!  I can't wait!!!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment