Travel

We love to travel. Up until now our travel has been limited to work or pleasure. We are now adding LAMb activities to our travels! This blog will hopefully allow you to follow our adventures. Our thoughts, our views, dreams, and adventures. Follow along if you wish. If no one follows that's fine as well. It's just a place for us to remember . . .

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

38 Days!

Well, it’s 38 days until we leave!  Between now and then I have a Women’s Conference to assist with and begin the daunting process of shopping and packing.  Packing will be interesting.  I get the idea that jeans aren’t really appropriate in most situations and we also won’t have dryer’s to dry our clothes.  So what do you pack for two weeks that won’t wrinkle, is appropriate to wear, and dries easily (although jeans won’t dry easily).  PLUS I have only one bag I can take that is under 50 lbs and that includes my makeup and hair products!  OH MY!!!!!!

Kohl’s here I come!  I need to find shirts that layer well, pants that travel well, shoes that are comfortable and look good with my outfits (yes I’m vain!  I still have to look good!).  I need to get a hairdryer that will work on 220, possibly an iron that will do the same, gifts to bless those I come in contact with, meds to calm a nervous tummy, and anything else I can think of that I may need.  The only good thing is that my mom and I wear about the same size so I can raid her closet!!!  Tehe!!!

The nerves have started.  I have a lot to do between now and when we leave and being home only on weekends makes that a bit more tiring.   But then who am I to complain!  Mom and Lynn does this all of the time.  They do this with less than a 24 hr turn around so I won’t complain.  Just praying that God gives me clarity of mind to get done what needs to be done and packed what needs to be packed.

I am excited!  I get to see what mom and Lynn have been doing in Kyrgyzstan!  I get to meet the people whom they have blessed.  For this alone I am excited!

I keep praying that God prepares the hearts of those who we will come in contact with and prepares our hearts to be prepared to do what He has planned for us to do.

Blessings & Thanks for following!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment