Travel

We love to travel. Up until now our travel has been limited to work or pleasure. We are now adding LAMb activities to our travels! This blog will hopefully allow you to follow our adventures. Our thoughts, our views, dreams, and adventures. Follow along if you wish. If no one follows that's fine as well. It's just a place for us to remember . . .

Monday, March 28, 2011

We Leave This Week!!!!

Wow - how time has flown!  This Friday we leave for what I am sure will be a life changing event in our lives.  I see the changes already in Randy - focus is different, desire is changing.  He is my rock and how blessed I am to be going on this adventure with him.  I would want it no different.  My desire is to be in ministry together; side-by-side.

Our packing is almost complete!  Can of coffee for mom & Lynn, can of coffee for the Wright's, and two bags of regular and two bags of caffeine free for the Schoolers.  What I have come to realize is that even missionaries on the mission field need a little something from home!  Soooo . . . Timmy's coffee is on it's way!  We have tons of stuff in four bags and actually most of it will be left behind.  Most of my clothes will not come home, Randy I believe is in the same boat, other special requests from the missionaries are packed, gifts for our new friends, crafts for the kids, medical stuff for the medical centers, blankets for the babies, stuffed animals for the kids, sweaters for the seniors, I could go on.

When I get home on Thursday we should only have our carry-ons to figure out how to pack and a few last minutes items to put in our bags and we will be off.

We are taking a little care package to each of the five Somalians that are stranded in the airport.  Not much but a pair of socks and a few things to munch on.  Just let them know people are praying for them across the world.  They need a safe haven!

I still have LOTS of work to do on the Beatitudes for the Woman's Conference.  My focus has been off . . . I've allowed some distractions.  Praying for those distractions . . . I'm being shown how the enemy uses 'fun' things to get our eyes off our ultimate purpose here on this earth.

Well, there is a lot to say, lot's on my mind, lots happening, lots that I have worried about but I am giving it all to God.  He's the one in control not me!!!! Sooo . . . as the saying goes . . . I will not sweat that small stuff because that is all this is now.  The big stuff awaits us in Kyrgyzstan!!!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment