Travel

We love to travel. Up until now our travel has been limited to work or pleasure. We are now adding LAMb activities to our travels! This blog will hopefully allow you to follow our adventures. Our thoughts, our views, dreams, and adventures. Follow along if you wish. If no one follows that's fine as well. It's just a place for us to remember . . .

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pre-Travel Jitters

Wow!  I am really anxious and jittery today.  I'm at work until 4 p.m., have a three hr drive home, then finish packing and head to Columbus tonight and try to relax.  I think once I get to Columbus I will feel better. I just need to get this trip started!

I have a lot to do between now and when we arrive in Bishkek.  I'm STILL working on my Woman's Conference session.  I don't do sessions, I organize them . . . how did I get pulled into this?  Oh yea . . . my mom!  ;-)  By the time I get on the plane in Moscow to Bishkek I would LOVE to have the basics completed!!!

I have to wonder about things once we get there - a common theme I have heard from several is that "There is NO rest until you get back to the US".  Hmmm . . . I need my beauty sleep!  LOL  I know, I know - It's not about me on this trip!  I have seen our schedule and I think they are telling us the truth - we are hopping from the moment we get off the plane at 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning (7:30 p.m. Saturday evening in Ohio for those of you wondering).  We will be 10 hrs ahead of EST.  We arrive, drive 90 minutes to Tokmak, shower, eat breakfast and head to church.  Then lunch and walk around the markets in town.  After dinner THEN they will let us sleep.  It is a must to get us acclimated to the new time zone.  Then comes Monday morning with bible study at Mercy Foundation and start our visits the projects that LAMb had been working on and meet the people that they have vested their lives in.  Whew!  Tired already and can't wait to get started!!!!

Blessings!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment