Travel

We love to travel. Up until now our travel has been limited to work or pleasure. We are now adding LAMb activities to our travels! This blog will hopefully allow you to follow our adventures. Our thoughts, our views, dreams, and adventures. Follow along if you wish. If no one follows that's fine as well. It's just a place for us to remember . . .

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Do I really have the strength to do this?

This is our first LAMb trip.  We have never done anything like this before.  What should we expect?  What will we actually be doing?  What will we see?

I keep reading the blogs coming from the LAMb team.  The needs are great and seem to be getting greater and greater with each passing day.  The mother whose children are in an orphanage because she doesn’t have the room in her little home.  The same mother who is looking for a business loan to get her business off the ground which will bring in money to help her renovate her home to bring her children home.  She WANTS to take care of her children . . . but she just needs some start-up help.  The children in an orphanage that need school supplies.  The orphanage that needs the money to get the plumbing fixed to give them the water they haven’t had for three months.  The widow who lost her husband and then lost her home to a fire in a matter of 40 days and now needs help renovating and rebuilding her home.  The children who need life changing surgeries.   The invalid men who need the money to get their documents to prove they are actually REAL people.  The needed supplies and furniture and equipment to officially open up Dayspring Family Life Resource Center to house young girls instead of putting them in an orphanage.  The money needed to print training supplies and guides to help the professionals do their jobs that can change the course of a country by starting with the children.

My heart is heavy.  What am I going to see, what am I going to want to do, what will I be able to do?  These are the questions the LAMb team asks themselves daily as they do the work.  I will finally be able to SEE and EXPERIENCE what they have been seeing and experiencing for several years now.

My prayer for this trip . . . that I am changed and see how I can be a vessel to get the word out of the needs.  Show me how I can personally help.  Shows me what I can do here at home . . . and to be able to communicate the needs in such a way that anyone can see that even $10 can make a difference in the lives of the lost and hurting in Kyrgyzstan and around the world.

My other prayer for this trip . . . That my heart is changed to see the needs even here at home and to have the compassion to reach out and stop for the one in front of me.

This is going to be life changing, I can feel it.  Maybe that’s why I am so unsettled.  Not just the travel details but because I am being prepared for what’s in store for me and my husband on this trip.

Blessings,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment